Coronavirus/Covid-19 and the Woodbury Community Association:
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to assure you that our office is taking additional steps for your safety and ours.
Effective March 18, 2020 our on-site and Corporate offices will be closed until further notice. Our Team Members will be taking appropriate measures to limit personal exposure while performing their daily duties and working remotely. In addition, we are actively following guidance given by the CDC for businesses in the United States.
Please know that we are taking this situation seriously and will do everything in our power to keep all essential services up and running for you and your families.
We would also like to suggest the following:
• Questions regarding room rental, park rentals, key cards, and any upcoming events, please contact the Recreation Director, Kayla Stephenson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Questions regarding common area maintenance concerns or homeowner questions, please contact the General Manager, Susan Seifen, at email@example.com.
• If you need to reach Management, we will only be accepting emails or phone calls until further notice.
• At this time, all pool areas and sport courts are closed and playgrounds are to be used at your own risk.
At the direction of local health authorities, we must sadly confirm the cancellation of the annual Spring Fling event on April 11th due to the COVID-19 concerns. While this decision comes at a time of universal uncertainty, we take the safety and health of our residents, staff, and community very seriously. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials.
Thank you for your continued support. Information regarding future events will be available here on the Woodbury website.
Be in the know with text alerts! Get connected by signing up for updates on the Woodbury Community. Sign up by texting “Woodbury” to 47464 in order to stay up to date on events, pools, and much more!
For a quicker option to sign up, please visit this link: https://manage.irio.com/widget/page/subscription?uuid=e0fe20c7-b58c-4e97-8083-7f33839c223b.
As of March 6, 2020 all pool areas are closed at this time until further notice due to COVID-19.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their coloring page for the 2020 Spring Coloring Contest! Our judges had such a difficult time picking just one winner for each group.
0 to 6 years old winner: Alton
0 to 6 years old runner up: Emma
7 to 14 years old winner: Cammie
7 to 14 years old runner up: Arya
Look out for our next coloring contest for another chance to win!
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
The gym is a great place for you to work on your fitness, but don’t give thieves a chance to work on their craft. Many fitness center thefts occur when valuables are left unattended, visible in vehicles, or in unlocked lockers. Below are several strategies to reduce your likelihood of becoming a victim of theft at fitness centers.
• Only bring items that are necessary into the gym
• At night park in well-lit areas or in close proximity to the store front
• Never leave property inside your car in plain sight
• Lock your belongings in the trunk of your vehicle before reaching your destination
• Always lock your car doors and roll up your windows
• Use common area lockers in gym/workout area
• Secure your locker with a disk lock to prevent prying or cutting
• Don’t leave anything of value unattended on the workout floor or other areas
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Inside the gym, be aware of persons loitering or paying undue attention to you, your property, or persons who appear to be watching for opportunities to steal property
• Outside the gym, be aware of persons loitering in the parking lot, sitting in vehicles, or persons who appear to be watching for opportunities to steal property
• Immediately report any suspicious activity or behavior to the police department and the fitness center staff Get fit and stay safe.
For more information on crime prevention and personal safety, please visit CrimePrevention.IrvinePD.org.
Please click HERE to view the new bank information for payments.
As of December 24th, Titanium Private Security will be the new security company for Woodbury. Beginning December 24th, please make sure to direct all patrol related calls to (619) 550-1241. For questions, please call the General Manager at (949) 451-1654.
Please note that the heat to the pools and waders at Peppertree Square, Cypress Square, Promenade Square, and Date Palm Square will be turned off for the winter as of October 15th. The heat to the Lagoon pool, Resort pool, and Competition Pool will be heated all year.
The heat is scheduled to be turned back on March 20, 2020 for all these facilities.
We appreciate and acknowledge your interest in Google Fiber. At the board meeting on September 26, 2019, the Right of Entry Agreement was approved and signed by the Board of Directors. Please note that the Agreement only gives Google Fiber the Right of Entry to common areas maintained by the Woodbury Master. All sub-associations Board of Directors will need to approve and sign their own Right of Entry for their common areas so that they can have access to install Google Fiber.
Join Michele for yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday night in the Activities Room at 108 Lamplighter in Woodbury! All levels welcome. Please bring your own yoga mat. Classes will be offered on Tuesdays for a one-hour restorative yoga class at 8:15 p.m. and Thursdays for a one-hour class at 8:15 p.m. There is a fee of $11.00 per class, $40.00 for four classes, and $9.00 for a single class for students and seniors. Questions? Please contact Michele Bonetti at (949) 878-6480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, California has had two very large quakes in the span of a couple of days and hundreds of aftershocks following. Please utilize this time now to make sure you are prepared if an earthquake happens closer to where you live. Please see the following tips from www.ready.gov to ensure you are prepared before, during, and after a major quake:
Before an earthquake occurs be sure to:
• Secure heavy items such as cabinets, tvs, shelving units and items that hang on walls. Move heavy items on shelves to lower levels.
• Practice STOP, COVER, and HOLD ON—Stop where you are, get down on hands and knees, cover your neck and head with your hands and crawl to somewhere safe (if possible) and hold on to sturdy furniture.
• Have a family communication plan and make sure you have a supply kit stocked with non-perishable food, water, flashlights and more.
During an earthquake:
• DROP, COVER, and HOLD ON—just like you have practiced.
• If you are inside, stay inside until the shaking stops and then proceed outside to an area where no objects such as your home, trees, power lines etc. can fall on top of you.
• If you are in bed, stay in bed and cover your head and neck with a pillow.
• If you are in a vehicle—pull over to a safe place, away from any objects that could fall on top of you. Do not stop under overpasses.
After an earthquake:
• Expect aftershocks—if your home is unstable, do not stay there, move away from any possible falling debris.
• Do not enter damaged buildings.
• If you are trapped cover your mouth and nose from dust and debris and try to get a text out if you have a phone with you. Bang on pipes or walls, save your voice until you hear rescuers approaching.
• If you are in an area where tsunamis are possible—move to higher ground immediately.
• Once you are safe, monitor radio, social media or television for alerts.
The Woodbury Community Association is excited to announce the installation of a new and improved access system to the community pools and facilities at Woodbury. With the new technology, the Board of Directors have approved changing from our current key fob to a photo ID card/badge credential to access all of Woodbury’s amenities, including all pools areas and tennis/basketball courts. Over the next few weeks we will begin changing resident key fobs over to the new Facility Key Identification Photo Card.
Please know that the old fobs are deactivated and will no longer access the community amenities. It is important that you bring your fobs to the Association to change for the new facility ID cards during the upcoming scheduled dates.
The following is meant to provide you with important details and schedules about the card system change. Please review our schedule to choose the best date for your family to come to pick up your new cards. Please note that photos will be taken of all members of your household over the age of 14 and will be displayed on your personalized Facility Key Identification Card.
If you're unable to get everyone to come down together during this time, you can email in a group photo of your family and we can upload it into the system. Once you come to the office, we can print it here. Don't forget to bring your key fobs to exchange! If you are tenant, please ask the homeowner to fill out the application form prior to you coming by the office and switching out your key fob.
- All homeowners will need to complete the new Facility Key Identification Card Application Form online at www.woodburyhoa.org. Please follow the instructions to submit your form to the Association office online. All forms can be emailed to email@example.com if you would like our office to print them out.
- If you prefer, you may complete the attached form and bring to the office on the dates selected below to obtain your new Facility Key Identification Card. No appointment is necessary, either email or bring your completed form to one of the dates listed below.
- Woodbury residency will be verified when you obtain your new Facility Key Identification Card. Homeowners, please bring with you on the day of your card pick up, valid photo I.D. or a current utility bill that shows the Woodbury address and homeowner’s name. In addition, you must bring with you all current fobs to exchange for a new Facility Key Identification Card. Each home is allowed a maximum of two Facility Key Identification Cards. If you bring one key fob, then we will exchange for one photo card, if you bring two key fobs, then we will exchanged for two photo cards. Only two Facility Key Identification Cards will be issued per home and only upon presentation of the current key fob(s).
- There is no cost to exchange your fob for the new Facility Key Identification Card. In the future, any new homeowner and/or tenant will need to obtain a new photo identification card from the Association. There will be a cost to the new homeowner and new tenant to purchase a photo identification card from the Association.
- If your home is being rented – we must receive the Facility Key Identification Card Application Form prior to the tenant obtaining their new Facility Key Identification Card. Please know that a photo will be taken and printed onto the new card. If your tenant moves out, a replacement card and photo will be required of your new tenant. There will be a cost to the resident for replacement cards. Tenants will only be issued a card upon receipt of homeowner written authorization via email.
If you have any questions, please visit the Woodbury Community Association website at www.woodburyhoa.org or call (949) 451-1654.
We know you’re busy, so we’re bringing a car wash service to Woodbury. We’ve partnered with Private Car Wash Service to bring their onsite car wash service right to you. Now once a week you can schedule a time to have your vehicle washed right here in the community. You can book a time with Private Car Wash Service at (800) 511-8681. First date available is August 5th. All cars will be washed in the Woodbury parking lot on Lamplighter – 108 Lamplighter! Prices start at $20.00 for the deluxe hand wash. Contact Private Car Wash Service now to take advantage of the great price and convenient location here at Woodbury!
The Board of Directors would like to make all Woodbury residents aware of the pesticide use and the locations within the community by our landscape company, Park West. The new map illustrates the areas that are pesticide free and that organic products are used when needed. The organic fertilizer will be applied four times throughout the year. These areas are identified in green. Areas that are color coded pink will only have pesticides used as needed and notifications will be posted on the website and bulletin board in advance of any localized, landscape treatment. The Board is conscientious of the community concerns and have made a level of commitment to enhance the level of service and products used at no current increase to homeowners. For questions, please contact the General Manager, Susan Seifen at (949) 451-1654.
The Board Meetings for Woodbury cycle will change starting in September 2017. The new cycle for the meetings will be the fourth (4th) Thursday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact your Property Manager, Susan Seifen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.