Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the Woodbury Community Association and what are its responsibilities?

The Woodbury Community Association is the Master Association for the community and was established to, among other things, maintain the Association's properties including the pools and parks and much of the landscaping in the community. The Association is financially supported by all members of the Woodbury Community Association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.

  • Who is the Woodbury Community Association's management company, what do they do and how do I reach them?

The management company is Keystone Pacific Property Management, Inc. Keystone Pacific is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Association and reports directly to the corporation's Board of Directors. The management company executes the decisions and implements the policies adopted by the Board of Directors.

Keystone Pacific can be reached at:
16775 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92606
Phone: 949-833-2600

Woodbury Community Association
108 Lamplighter
Irvine, CA 92620
949-451-1654 General Manager
949-451-1650 Activities Director
949-451-1652 Weekend Staff
949-451-1600 fax

  • What is a "management company" and what do they do?

A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as collection of assessments, supervision of contractors, obtaining bids for contracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, communication with and between homeowners/residents and the Board of Directors, and to serve in an advisory capacity for the Association. The management company reports directly to the Board and policy decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.

  • What is the Board of Directors?

The Woodbury Community Association is a corporation and, therefore, a governing body is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors are outlined in the Association's governing documents.

  • Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?

Yes. The Woodbury Community Association Board meetings are held at the Recreation Center in Woodbury at 108 Lamplighter, Irvine, 92620. Meetings are normally held on the third Wednesday of every month at 4:30 p.m. Notice of the time and place of all regular board meetings are noted in the Woodbury News community newsletter mailed to each residence monthly, as well as on your monthly billing statement. Additionally, information on the current status of the Board of Directors meeting is contained on the Community Updates section of this web site.

  • Can I address the Board of Directors at a Board meeting?

Yes. An owner may address the Board during the Homeowner Forum portion of the meeting. When you arrive at the meeting, simply fill out the form at the door and turn it in to management. Your name will be called to address the Board at the appropriate time.

  • Does the Association offer classes and activites?

Yes. We have a variety of classes including tennis and swimming lessons that are offered at the Recreation Center in Woodbury. To learn more, click on the "Recreation Classes" link on the home page of this web site.

  • Are there other recreation events held by the Association?

Yes. There are recreation events sponsored by the Association year-round, including a 4th of July celebration, Fall Festival, Spring Fling, Santa Comes to Woodbury and many other opportunities to enjoy your community and meet your neighbors. To learn more, click on the "Recreation Updates" link on the home page of this web site. We invite all residents to join us at these events.

  • Is there an on site management office in Woodbury? If so, where is it and what are the office hours?

Yes. The on site management office is located at the Recreation Center at 108 Lamplighter in Woodbury. The management office window is located just outside the double entry doors to the main pool area.

The management office is the primary office of the Association's General Manager and Activities Director.

The on site management office hours are as follows:

Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Please note that the management office is lightly staffed and a management representative may not always be in the office during business hours. For this reason, appointments are strongly encouraged with the management staff. Drop-in visits are welcome.

To schedule an appointment, please contact us as follows:

Susan Seifen, General Manager, 949/451-1654

Natalie Lozano, Recreation Director, 949/451-1650

  • How do I obtain my pool key cards?

You will be requested to fill out a Key Card Application and submit one group family photo that will be printed onto the key cards. As a part of closing, the new homeowner will pay for two key cards. If you do not pay for key cards during closing, then you can pay for them at the Woodbury office.

The cost to replace a lost key card is $50.00 each, and our office accepts check or card for payment.

If the property is rented to a tenant, with the permission of the owner, the tenant must come to the Association office and purchase new Cards for the property in the amount of $50.00. Owner(s) must provide a copy of the written lease agreement and notify management by email that their tenant will come to the Association office to obtain and purchase new Cards that will be issued at the expense of the homeowner/tenant. New Cards must be issued with each new tenant change as a new photo must be taken for the Cards.  If the property is leased, Cards previously issued to the Owner will be deactivated.

Any Cards not returned upon sale of the property will be deactivated and replacement Cards can be purchased for the amount of $50.00 per Card. The Cards are photo ID cards. A photograph of each individual to which the Cards are issued is required prior to issuance. 

Key cards may not be given to a guest to access the facilities and that residents of the property must accompany any and all guests at all times when using the facilities. 

  • May I purchase additional pool keys?

No. The Association's policy limits each residence to a maximum of two (2) key cards.

  • May I bring guests with me to the Association's recreation facilities?

Yes. Each member may bring a maximum of six (6) guests per residence with them to the Association's pool and park facilities. Please bring your key fob with you to be sure you can enter the pool facilities and to present to an Association representative when requested to prove your status as a Member. Groups with more than six (6) guests will be asked to leave the facilities. This guest policy has been adopted to ensure that the facilities are available to our Members as much as possible.

  • How do I report a rules violation at a pool or park facility, such as an excessively loud group, people in the facility after closing, non-residents in a facility, etc.?

Urgent pool and park violations may be reported directly to Courtesy Patrol at the numbers below.

Dispatch: (714) 669-2736 / On-site Guard ( 4:30 p.m.-1:00 a.m. ): (714) 866-8019

When you call, please make sure you specify which pool or park you are calling about. Upon receipt of a violation report, a patrol officer will respond to the complaint.

If a crime is being committed at one of the Association's pool or park facilities, please contact the Irvine Police Department at 949/724-7200 and then hang up and call Courtesy Patrol at the number above.

  • How do I report a maintenance issue or problem at one of the Association's parks or pools?

There are several ways to report maintenance issues at the recreational facilities. In the navigation menu of the home page of this web site is a link called "Service Request." Click on that link and type in and send your report via email.

Maintenance problems may also be submitted to the General Manager at or by calling (949) 451-1654.

If you observe an after hours maintenance emergency such as an overflowing pool, broken sprinkler head or other emergency, please immediately call (949) 833-2600 and a management representative will be contacted to address the problem right away.

  • Are there any facilities available for rent within the Association?

Yes. There are both indoor and outdoor facilities available for rent at the Association's Recreation Center at 108 Lamplighter. Please visit the "Forms and Publications" page of this web site and click on the "Facility Rental Contract" for more information. Please note that none of the pool areas or sports courts are available for rent; they are available on a first-come first served basis only. For more information regarding renting our facilities or to make an appointment for a tour of the facilities, please contact the Association's Activities Director.

  • What are the procedures for submitting my landscape plans? Do I have a deadline to complete my landscape installation after I purchase my home?

 If you live in a single family detached home belonging to the Master Association only, you will submit a Property Improvement Form, email one copy of your plans and 2 checks made out to Woodbury Community Association for the design review fee and security deposit respectively. The Property Improvement Form can be printed off the "Forms and Publications" page of this web site. You may either drop off your submittal at the on site management office or mail or deliver it to:

Woodbury Community Association
108 Lamplighter
Irvine, CA 92620

If you live in a Sub-Association, please contact your Sub-Association management representative for information regarding the landscape submittal process. The Master Association does not review architectural plans for any of the Sub-Association properties.

For more information regarding the landscape installation process, please visit the "Forms and Publications" page of this web site and click on "Landscape Submittal Process."

  • Are there rules for the specific type of for sale or open house real estate sign I or my agent/broker can use on my property or within Woodbury?

Yes. The Association's Board of Directors has adopted Rules dictating the style, color and placement of real estate signs within Woodbury. The approved signs can be purchased at R.E.S.S. in Laguna Hills at 949/855-1355. To read the Rules for real estate signs, please view the Rules & Regulations under Forms and Publications.

  • What is my assessment?

The assessment is the monthly amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common areas and to provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Statements will be sent for assessments as a reminder of the amount due.

  • How is the amount of my assessment determined?

This budget is set up on specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, administration, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of certain items such as lighting, play equipment, pool equipment, etc. These amounts are then divided by the number of units built in a given phase of the development. Budgets are developed by the Board of Directors.

  • Will my assessment go up?

The assessment is the monthly amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common areas and to provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Statements will be sent for assessments as a reminder of the amount due.

  • What happens if I don't pay my assessment?

The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge, as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the CC&R's allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.

  • What are the CC&R'S?

The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a nonprofit corporation. The CC&R's were recorded by the Orange County recorder's office and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R's may result in a fine being assessed to a homeowner's account or other disciplinary action by the Association.

  • What are the Bylaws?

The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the nonprofit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business.

  • Are there any other rules?

The Woodbury Community Association has developed Rules and Regulations as adopted by the Board of Directors. These Rules have been established to provide direction to the homeowners and residents with regard to pool and park use, parking, vehicles, real estate signs, facility rentals, elections of the Board of Directors, etc. In addition, the Association has adopted Design Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes include landscaping, patio covers, decks, exterior color changes, additions, etc.. These Rules and Guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in a fine being assessed to a homeowner's account and/or other disciplinary action by the Association. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change without written approval from the Design Review Committee, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration.

  • What if an alleged violation could be observed via a visual inspection by management?

If residents cannot resolve an issue between themselves, it may be appropriate at that time to contact the Association for assistance. If you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement process, please fill out a Rules and Violation Report and forward it to the Association's General Manager for review. If the situation is deemed to be a violation of the governing documents, the Board of Directors will seek to correct the violation via the Association's Violation Enforcement Policy. The Rules and Violation Report form can be obtained on the "Forms and Publications" portion of this web site.

Alleged violations that can be observed via a visual inspection by management may be reported directly to the Association's General Manager.

Translate »