Effective Wednesday, March 31, Irvine and Orange County moved into the Orange Tier in the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy(link is external).
In the Orange Tier, the following businesses are amended as follows:
- Retail: Open indoors with modifications. No capacity limit.
- Shopping Centers: Open indoors with modifications. No capacity limits. Closed common areas and reduced capacity food courts.
- Museums, Zoos & Aquariums: Indoors at 50% capacity.
- Movie theaters: Indoors at 50% capacity or 200 people, whichever is fewer.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers: Indoors at 25% capacity. Indoor pools may open.
- Restaurants: Indoors at 50% capacity or 200 people, whichever is fewer
- Wineries, Breweries, distilleries: Open indoors with modifications. Maximum 25% capacity indoors, or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Family Entertainment Centers: Open indoors for naturally distanced activities with modifications. Maximum 25% capacity Bowling Alleys may open.
- Outdoor Live Events with Assigned Seats and Controlled Mixing (sports and live performances): Open with modifications
- • Permanent venues with live audiences outdoors only
- • Capacity must be limited to 20%
- • Reservations required
- • Assigned seating only
- • In-seat concessions only (no concourse sales)
- • Regional attendees only (within 120 miles)
- Effective April 1, 2021:
- • Maximum 33%, includes suites with 25% occupancy per suite
- • Weekly worker testing program
- • In-state visitors only, check for current CDPH Travel Advisory in effect
- • Primarily in-seat concessions (no concourse sales)
- • Maximum 67% if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination
In addition, indoor gatherings are strongly discouraged but are allowed with a maximum of three households. You can view a complete list of sector operations allowed in each tier from the California Department of Public Health.
Picnic Areas at the Parks – Limited to members of the same household, or individuals maintaining 6 feet of physical distance. Groups of more than 10 visitors will be asked to disperse. No reservations are available at this time – first come, first serve.