Have you heard about "Auto Repair Scams" including paintless dent removal? Here's how they work:
PDR - Paintless Dent Removal
You get approached by a stranger (in a parking lot, or at home) who says they do mobile car repairs. They claim they can fix your dents, paint, or other cosmetic or mechanical issues for a fraction of the price of a body shop or repair shop, all with the convenience of on-site service.
Is it too good to be true? YES. These "repairs" often include shoddy workmanship and damaging products that will leave vehicles in worse shape than they began. Beware of high-pressure sales tactics that force you to make a quick decision.
Here's what you can do:
• Do your research
• Always request a written estimate
• Always get a receipt/invoice
• Call the number on the business card before you let them start the work
• Check with the Better Business Bureau at bbb.org
• Do not buy car parts or services in a parking lot.
2. Pass this information on to a friend. You may not have received one of these offers, but chances are that you know someone who will - if they haven't already.
If you believe you’ve been the victim of a scam, please file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov/complaint.